According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, nearly seven weeks of Saudi airstrikes have claimed lives of 3,979 Yemeni people so far while more than 6,887 others have been wounded.
The foundation further said most of the victims of the deadly Saudi aerial campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children.
The group noted that the actual death toll is much higher as it does not include hundreds of people listed as missing.
Thousands of residential buildings have been destroyed and hundreds of civil and public facilities were reduced to ruble as result of bombardment by Saudi warplanes on the Yemeni cities and towns, the group said.
Meanwhile, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization has recently warned of a“catastrophic” humanitarian situation in Yemen saying more than 15 million Yemenis are suffering from food insecurity in the wake of Saudi airstrikes.
Dominique Burgeon, the emergencies director at the Rome-based Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), said on Wednesday that the Saudi airstrikes have caused severe shortages in water, fuel and medical aid in Yemen.
He also urged the international community to help in lifting Yemenis out of this disastrous situation by allocating funds and resuming trade with the war-ravaged country.
Saudi Arabia started its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 - without a UN mandate - in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which currently controls the capital, Sana’a, and other major provinces, and to restore power to the fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, who is a staunch ally of Riyadh.
According to the latest UN figures, the Saudi military campaign has so far claimed the lives of over 1,400 people and injured close to 6,000 others, roughly half of whom have been civilians.