0313 GMT September 18, 2019
According to media reports on Sunday, artillery shells fired by Saudi forces hit areas in the district of Harad in the northwestern province of Hajja.
Saudi forces also targeted the northwestern Yemeni province of Sa'ada. Reports said that at least four rockets fired by Saudi forces landed in the al-Hassamah area in the province.
There has been no report on the number of casualties or material damage in the attacks.
The Saudi attacks on Sunday came as a truce which went into effect on May 12 entered its last day.
Earlier in the day, UN envoy to Yemen Ismail Ould Sheikh Ahmed called for a five-day extension of a “humanitarian” ceasefire in Yemen.
The ceasefire took effect nearly seven weeks after Saudi Arabia started its military aggression against Yemen - without a UN mandate - in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which currently controls the capital and major provinces, and to restore power to the fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is a staunch ally of Riyadh.
However, Saudi Arabia has repeatedly violated the ceasefire since its beginning.
Late on Saturday, Saudi warplanes bombed the regions of Sahar, Marzaq and Malaheedh in the province of Sa’ada in separate airstrikes. Reports say at least nine people were killed and a number of others injured during the air raids.
Saudi warplanes hit targets in Hajjah and Abyan provinces as well, while bombarding the neighborhoods of Khormaksar, al-Tawahi and Mualla in the southern province of Aden.
UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen Johannes Van der Klaauw said on Friday that over 1,600 people have been killed and more than 6,200 injured in Yemen since conflict started there in late March.
He added that some 450,000 people have been displaced as a result of the continuing violence.