0548 GMT September 23, 2019
Ophthalmologists suggested the best way to avoid computer vision syndrome is to give your eyes a rest frequently, timesofindia.indiatimes.com reported.
Constant staring can lead to eye strain and can blur your vision temporarily.
Looking into the distance once in a while can help too. Doctors suggested that closing eyes for a few minutes after every 20-30 minutes, can help to lubricate and moisten your eyes.
● Glasses don’t weaken eyesight: Just because your glasses need to be changed every few years does not mean that they are weakening your eyesight. Glasses only make you see well. The changes happen only as you age.
● Make-up debris can injure eyes: You need to be careful when you are volumising your lashes or applying kajal in the waterline of your eyes.
Experts said that the make-up debris that gets trapped under the outer layer of the eye can cause eye issues. There are remedies say doctors and you could also use antibiotic drops.
● Smoking damages vision: Quit smoking, because it simply increases your risk of macular degeneration. And that is one of the leading causes of blindness.
The harmful after effects of smoking include damage to the small blood vessels of the retina and optic nerve. This kind of damage to internal parts of the eye can cause loss of eyesight.
● Wearing lenses overnight is a big no-no: Even if your lens pack states that it is good enough to be worn overnight, you should never do it.
Caring for your lens in the right way is crucial, or it might lead to loss of eyesight. One must soak lens in disinfectant solution overnight, touch them only with squeaky clean hands and store them in a clean case.
● Vision loss is inevitable: At some point in your life you will definitely need to wear glasses, contact lenses or get an eye surgery done.
Studies however have found that spending more time outdoors, among nature could help one to have better vision.