The year to mid-March 2019 will be very important as the Iranian government plans to offer earlier planned and approved export incentives within the next 12 months, added Mohammadreza Moudoudi, deputy head of TPO for exports of goods and services.
He was speaking at a ceremony to honor top exporters from the northern Iranian province of Alborz, IRNA reported.
Generous budget has been planned to this end which could create a bright future for Iran's exports sector, he noted.
The TPO official noted that among the main plans of his department is to support expansion of exports, adding that in the year to March 2018, domestic petrochemical and metal industries have put in a brilliant performance in exporting their products.
"An important export project placed on the TPO agenda for the next year pertains to the overseas sales of caviar."
Moudoudi said it is essential to expand non-oil exports given the investments made to this end.
He encouraged investments in other sectors, such as information technology, tourism and food industry, which are capable of competing in international markets.
"To achieve the target to stimulate a 21.7-percent growth in exports during the Sixth Five-Year Economic Development Plan (2017-21), investments to the tune of $65 billion will be required annually. The figure amounts to $325 billion for the entire fiver-year period."
He said that 500 Iranian companies currently hold more than 84 percent of the share in the country's total non-oil exports, adding the remaining 16 percent pertain to 7,439 firms.
"During March 21, 2017-January 20, 2018, of the total 7,939 export companies, one exported goods worth between $1 and $2 billion while 15 firms sold goods valued at between $300 million to $1 billion in the international markets, 33 between $100 million to $500 million, 37 between $50 million to $100 million and 403 above $50 million."