“The Yemeni air force has carried out the second attack of its kind within a month against Dubai International Airport using a domestically-built and long-endurance Sammad-3 (Invincible-3) unmanned aerial vehicle,” Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network cited Mohammed Abdul-Salam as writing on his official Twitter page on Sunday.
The Houthi spokesman added, “Even though Emirati authorities are trying to conceal the attack for the time being and deny air traffic disturbances at their airport, they will be forced to expect more operations should aggression and siege on Yemeni people continue”, Presstv Reported.
Earlier in the day, Yemeni forces, backed by Popular Committees fighters, launched a drone airstrike against Dubai International Airport.
Yemeni troops and their allies had already targeted the same strategic economic target in the UAE using the same type of home-grown unmanned aerial vehicle in retaliation for the Riyadh regime’s devastating military aggression against their conflict-ridden homeland.
The UAE is Saudi Arabia’s key ally in its deadly war against Yemen.
On July 26, Yemeni army forces and Popular Committees fighters targeted Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Abdullah al-Jafri, a spokesman for Yemeni air force and air defense, said at the time that the drone attack had halted flights to and from the airport, adding this was the first time that Yemeni forces used a drone to attack the airport.
He said Yemeni forces will target the infrastructure of countries that have taken part in the aggression against Yemen in future attacks.
Yemeni forces target Saudi military vessels off Jizan coast
Meanwhile, Yemeni naval forces, supported by fighters from Popular Committees, have reportedly targeted and destroyed several military vessels in a missile attack off the coast of Saudi Arabia’s southwestern region of Jizan.
A military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Arabic-language al-Masirah television network that the vessels were targeted with guided missiles.
Yemeni general: UAE no longer safe for investors
Meanwhile, a Yemeni army general has said that his country will continue its missile and drone attacks against the United Arab Emirates unless the sheikhdom stops attacking Yemen.
Sharaf Loqman also warned foreign investors that the UAE will be no longer safe if the war on Yemen does not end.
He added that Sunday attacks on the UAE and the Saudi region of Jizan show Yemen’s growing power to retaliate the crimes committed against his country by the Saudi-led coalition.
Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating military campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of bringing the government of Yemen's former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, back to power and crushing the country’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement.
The aggression has killed some 15,000 people and injured thousands. More than 2,200 others have died of cholera and the crisis has triggered what the United Nations has described as the world's worst humanitarian disaster.