0152 GMT February 17, 2019
Dehydration upsets the balance of salts and sugar in the body which can have a negative effect on the way it functions, express.co.uk wrote.
It’s usually cause by not drinking enough fluid but can also be the result of an illness, such as vomiting and diarrhea.
The color of your urine is a key indication of how hydrated you are.
If you’ve been feeling unwell, it is important to check your shade when you visit the toilet, to ensure your body is healthy and functioning effectively.
Dioralyte has produced a chart to help you work out how healthy your pee is.
If it’s one to three on the chart, you have healthy pee, but if your urine color is four to eight you must hydrate.
Water makes up over two-thirds of the human body and is responsible for helping to lubricate the joints, transporting oxygen and nutrient to the cells via blood, and the removal of toxins and waste from the body.
It also helps regulate body temperature and helps the protection of internal organs and tissues.
The recommended intake of water to stay hydrated differs for men and women and includes both food and drinks consumed through the day.
If you feel like you’re going to the toilet too often, it is possible you could be drinking more than you need, which can cause your body salts to drop to low levels, so finding the right balance is key.
If the color of your urine is between four and six, your body is showing early signs of dehydration.
Dioralyte has seven tips to help you stay hydrated:
● Aim to drink eight glasses of water a day and drink little and often.
● Monitor the color of your urine to check you’re not becoming dehydrated.
● Keep a water bottle on your desk as a prompt and a reminder to drink every hour
● Increase your intake of water during hot weather or while exercising.
● Eat fruit or veg that naturally contains water, such as cucumber, celery or watermelon to help increase your water intake.
● If you don’t like the taste of water, add some fruit to it to make it more appealing.
● If you have been suffering from diarrhea, take an oral rehydration therapy such as Dioralyte to replace lost salts to help your body rehydrate and recover faster.