1114 GMT August 20, 2019
Iran’s Judiciary spokesman said on Sunday it has summoned 11 members of the military and arrested one in connection with the last month terrorist attack in southwestern city of Ahvaz, Fars News Agency reported.
Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei did not provide any further details.
Twenty-five people, including a four-year-old child, were killed after terrorists disguised in the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps and Basij uniforms fired at officials and people from behind a viewing stand during a military parade on September 22.
Two terrorist groups, Daesh and Al-Ahvaziya, claimed responsibility for the massacre.
Separately, Iran’s Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi said his ministry had helped uncover and destroy “300 teams” of terrorists.
Attacks by Kurdish terrorists have also been increased in recent months.
Fars News Agency reported that members of the intelligence service killed two Kurdish terrorists in a clash in the western city of Kermanshah.
Saturday’s report quotes Iran’s Intelligence Ministry as saying in a statement that, along with the two killed, a “separatist terrorist team” was also dismantled.
The ministry’s statement also said some ammunition and documents were uncovered from their house, indicating the terrorists were supported by some Arab countries.
In July, 10 Iranian border guards were killed in an attack by terrorists near Iraq’s border.