News ID: 232819
Published: 0237 GMT October 15, 2018

Iran: No bombing at Iranian Embassy in Ankara

Iran: No bombing at Iranian Embassy in Ankara
IRNA

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi dismissed media reports about a "suicide bombing" at the site of the Iranian Embassy in Ankara and the evacuation of Iranian personnel.

"This news [...] is sheer falsehood, and our embassy personnel are present at their workplace, in full safety and health, and are engaged in their daily work," he said, according to the Foreign Ministry’s official website.

Iran's Ambassador to Ankara Ebrahim Taherianfard also rejected the evacuation of the embassy, describing the threat as 'false', IRNA reported.

He said that a person claiming to be affiliated to the terrorist group of Daesh had threatened to attack the embassy. Following the threat, Turkish police took strict security measures in the area.

Turkish daily Sozcu claimed that the embassy had been evacuated after authorities were informed of a planned suicide bomb attack on the building.

However, a Reuters TV cameraman at the scene said visitors to the embassy reported that operations were continuing normally despite heightened security in the area.

Police carried out searches on vehicles, and the road on which the embassy is located was briefly closed to traffic, he said, adding that it was later reopened.

 

 

   
KeyWords
 
Comments
Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Security Key:
Captcha refresh
Page Generated in 0/0583 sec