News ID: 235487
Published: 0230 GMT December 09, 2018

Iran arrests 10 suspects in Chabahar deadly bombing

Iran arrests 10 suspects in Chabahar deadly bombing
TASNIM

Iranian security forces have detained 10 people suspected of links to a suicide car bomb attack this week that killed at least two policemen, Police Chief Hossein Ashtari said on Sunday.

“Good clues have been obtained and, hopefully, with the public’s cooperation ... we will get to the main leads,” Ashtari said, according to IRNA.

Ashtari noted that the remaining perpetrators would soon be detained through cooperation with local residents.

More than 40 people were injured in Thursday’s suicide car bomb attack by a terrorist group on a police headquarters in the port city of Chabahar in southeastern Iran.

The police chief further noted that the “bombing plot had been foiled in time thanks to the vigilance and courage of Chabahar police forces.” He explained that the vehicle had exploded before entering the targeted police station.

The driver was seeking to force his way into the police headquarters, but failed to do so as local security forces quickly intervened.

While suicide bombings are rare in Iran, terrorist groups have carried out several attacks on security forces in recent years in Sistan-Baluchestan Province, where Chabahar is located.

The Ansar al-Furqan terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attack.

Reuters and Press TV contributed to this story.

 

 

   
KeyWords
 
Comments
Comment
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Security Key:
Captcha refresh
Page Generated in 0/3751 sec