0618 GMT August 23, 2019
Speaking to reporters after a meeting with his Turkish counterpart, Mevlut Cavusoglu, in the central city of Isfahan, Zarif said Iran had already notified the signatories to the deal about its actions regarding the reduction of its nuclear obligations, IRNA reported.
The first phase started on May 8 and the second phase will begin on July 7, the top diplomat added.
President Hassan Rouhani announced on May 8 that Iran would stop observing restrictions on its stocks of enriched uranium and heavy water agreed under the deal, a move he said was in retaliation for the unilateral US withdrawal from the accord a year ago.
Iran on Monday followed through with a 10-day countdown for world powers to fulfill their commitments under the nuclear deal.
Iran has threatened to go even further in scaling down nuclear commitments in 60 days unless remaining partners to the deal – Britain, China, France, Germany and Russia – help it circumvent US sanctions and especially enable it to sell its oil.
The accord requires Iran to curb its uranium enrichment capacity, capping Iran’s stock of low-enriched uranium at 300 kilograms of uranium hexafluoride enriched to 3.67 percent or its equivalent for 15 years.
Iran has warned that it has put a "step-by-step" withdrawal from the JCPOA on its agenda, Press TV reported.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Political Affairs Abbas Araqchi said in an interview on Wednesday, "We have not left the JCPOA so far, but we have put such a move on our agenda and that would happen step-by-step."
"No country can accuse Iran of breaching or leaving the nuclear deal," the diplomat noted, adding that all the measures Tehran has adopted so far, including Wednesday's move, has been within the deal's framework.